Sunday, October 11, 2009

Weekend shopping disasters..

There really aren't very many purchases that I honestly regret. I have found one though, so brace yourself!
.
The rainy season has finally hit, goodness knows we waited all summer for a few inches, and that means mosquito's. 3 nights a week I go to soccer practice with G and sit out and listen ( I don't talk because I don't speak Spanish). Usually on these nights, I pack my can of repellent, 3 bottles of water and make sure my IPhone is charged up, and watch my son drill until he is exhausted. We get home roughly around 9pm, where the only thing I can think of is having a shower and scrubbing the bug spray off every inch of my body. So when I saw this Off Clip On, I thought to myself.. very cool! It doesn't smell, It won't leave a coating of bug spray on me. So I bought it.
.
I was very excited Tues night to try this out. There I was standing with the coach and a few dads, my little OFF clip on going like crazy and all I could feel were the little bugs sucking the life out of me, literally. It was like I had no repellent on at all! I got home that night, I had over 20 bites on my legs and arms. So If your thinking of buying this, don't. Use the spray, your body will thank you for it the next day!
Seriously though, I am probably the queen of what not to buy. Everything I buy doesn't work in some way. I can go into the store and get a box of Twinkies and it will be short one. I can buy a new shirt and there will be a tiny hole in it. I can buy fabric and it will be short a 16th of a yard. Its just the way I roll. If I didn't have bad luck I would have no luck at all! I also avoid taking my kids shopping with me. It doesn't matter what kind of shopping.. just leaving the house and spending money is challenging enough, but honestly my kids compound this problem.
.
So yesterday we went out to get haircuts. We do it once a month, 4 boys in the barber shop is crazy, but it has to get done. From haircuts we move on to lunch. Folks honestly Buffalo Wild Wings on the West side of Houston is awful. There are 3 of them, bad food, bad service just bad bad bad.. save your money and go to Hooters, the wings are so much better! Anyway we had our overcooked crispy wings and moved on to Best Buy. Jack likes to let the kids wander around to get an idea of what they want for their Christmas. And of course that means he can wander around to look at his toys. Whine whine whine, whinge whinge whinge. I hate Best Buy with kids. 20 Kids want to play Guitar Hero and there only is ever 1 guitar. So as I drag my children out of BB kicking and screaming "1 more song mom". I do the unthinkable.. I tell Jack that I want to go and look at a bike.
.
I have been thinking about getting a bike for a while now. I know I want one in a cruiser style but besides that I was open. Several months ago when we found out that Kroger was opening around the corner I started looking into a bike like this I feel in Love.. Honestly how cool is this bike. I'm a pretty big fat cow now, so balance is an issue, also with the bad arthritis in my knees and hips, It has to be low impact, with a comfy seat. This bike is it. I will be able to take the koda on his walks without fear that he will knock me over into the road, I will be able to go to Kroger to get my little bits and pieces, ride to the post office for deliveries. Seriously this bike is the answer...
.
So I went on the big bike hunt. Now I don't drag my kids shopping for me ever. To be honest I did learn my lesson. B was a nightmare, J and G got into a fight in the truck and literally drew blood on each other. My day ended with me coming home bike less, and all of my kids standing in the corner. I'm not a corner kind of mom, but I think those corners are going to be my new best friends. Ill have to research this bike again, and hopefully convince Jack of the necessity for it.
.
Lesson of the weekend? No matter how desperate you are.. wait till they go back to school. At school they are someone elses problem, and you can fantasize all you want about being the skinny Martha Stewart on your new cruiser with your fresh cut flowers in the basket, instead of being Rosanne pmsing and thinking of 101 ways to strangle your children.

Jessie

5 comments:

  1. I can totally relate! we have spring here in South Africa which means rain and lots of it (which i dont mind) however there are plenty of mozzies flying around and that is 5the painful part of it all!!!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!

    x
    x
    x

    Lady SUnflower

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip!!! And Thanks for stopping by my blog!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, you are right, that is a great bike...hope you end up getting it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a shame that the clip-on doesn't work...I'm always worried about using pesticides directly on my skin (but mosquitoes love me, so I need *something*)

    ReplyDelete
  5. SWEET bike!!

    Ugh, now matter what I use...Mosquitoes find me. They like me because I am so sweet.

    ReplyDelete